top of page
Council Tax
Council Tax in UK is payable by every household, but there are still many Exemptions which if you are aware can significantly reduce the tax bill or can completely waive it of. At Right Tax Advice our expert Tax Specialists will advise you on Council Tax which not only reduce your tax bill but also save money in future. There are certain tax reliefs which you might not be aware until you receive a huge tax bill with fine, therefore, it is advisable to have a tax consultation. We will attempt to provide you a complete legal advice according to the statutes and latest case law.
For Detail Free Tax Advice, Please fill the Form, Click Here
Council Tax Exemptions on Following Occupants ;
(Please note following are the broad area of exemptions, wherein you can apply as per the advice for right tax advice as per your circumstances, for expert opinion fill the form below)
  • Low Occupancy
  • Disabled Occupancy
  • Discretionary Reductions
  • Second Adult Rebate
  • Council Tax Benefits
  • Non Dependant Deductions
  • Housing Benefits
  • Students
  • International Student
  • Dwellings Owned by a Charity
  • Imprisoned Person
  • If You are in Hospital Care
  • Previous Occupant(s) are dead
  • Occupant would be a Minister(s) of any Religion
  • You moved elsewhere in order to receive Personal Care
  • You moved elsewhere in order to provide personal care to a 3rd party.
  • Owner is a Student.
  • Dwelling has been Repossessed by a Mortgage Lender
  • Trustee in Bankcruptcy
  • Caravan pitch, or a Boat Mooring
  • Granny flat
  • An empty and unfurnished property
  • An empty and furnished property
  • A property under or requiring structural repair
  • A non job related second home
  • Single Person Discount
  • Second Home Discount
  • Students
  • Unoccupied properties
  • A property unoccupied because the owner or tenant has died
  • A property left unoccupied for a minister of religion
  • A property left unoccupied by a student owner
  • An unoccupied property repossessed by a mortgage
  • An unoccupied property where the liable person is a trustee in bankruptcy
  • An unoccupied caravan pitch or boat mooring
  • An unoccupied annex which cannot be let separately
  • An annex occupied by a dependant relative
  • A Property Entirely Occupied by People Under the Age of 18
  • Apprentices
  • Armed Forces Accommodation
  • Carers and people being cared for
  • Carers
  • A property unoccupied because the former resident is providing care
  • A property unoccupied because the former resident is receiving care
  • Resident hospital patients
  • Nursing, residential care home and hostel residents
  • Residents in hostels and night shelters for homeless people
  • People with Diplomatic Immunity
  • Visiting Forces
  • Youth Trainees
There are same changes tax, if you do in your proerty, your council tax will also be effected such as ;
  • you demolish part of your property and don’t rebuild it

  • you alter your property to create 2 or more self-contained units, eg an annexe - each unit will have its own band

  • you split a single property into self-contained flats

  • you convert flats into a single property

  • you start or stop working from home

  • there are significant changes to your local area, like a new road being built

For Detail Free Tax Advice, Please fill the Form, Click Here
The UK Tax Allowance advice includes from Statutes and the major case Law, such as ;

Statutes ;

  • Local Government Finance Act 2012.

  • Local Government Finance Act 1992

  • Welfare Reform Act 2012

  • Income tax Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1988 ICTA 1988

  • Capital Allowances Act 2001 CAA 2001

  • Finance Act 2014

  • Income Tax (Earnings and Pensions) Act 2003 ITEPA 2003

  • Income Tax (Trading and Other Income) Act 2005 ITTOIA 2005

  • Income Tax Act 2007 ITA 2007

  • National Insurance Social Security Contributions and Benefits Act 1992 SSCBA 1992

  • Capital gains tax Taxation of Chargeable Gains Act 1992 TCGA 1992

  • Inheritance tax Inheritance Tax Act 1984 IHTA 1984

  • Corporation tax Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1988 ICTA 1988

  • Taxation of Chargeable Gains Act 1992 TCGA 1992

  • Tax Credits Act 2002

  • Child Tax Credit Regulations 2002

  • Welfare Reform and Work Act 2016

  • Social Security Act 1998

  • Corporation Tax Act 2009 CTA 2009

  • Corporation Tax Act 2010 CTA 2010

  • Overseas aspects of tax Taxation (International and Other Provisions) Act 2010 TIOPA 2010

  • Value added tax Value Added Tax Act 1994 VATA 1994 Administration of } Taxes Management Act 1970 TMA 1970 the tax system }

Cases ;

  • Doncaster Borough Council v Stark and Stark [1998] RVR 80

  • Edwards v Bairstow [1956] AC 14

  • Frost (Inspector of Taxes) v Feltham 1981 1 WLR at 4

  • Bradford Metropolitan City Council v Anderton [1991] RA 45

  • Ward v Kingston upon Hull City Council [1993] RA 71

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Google+ Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Pinterest Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

no need to register or pay - 100% confidential - 100 % Free

Write Your  TAX  Question Here

Online Now 

Next Step    Tax Advice from the Highly Qualified Tax Professional  

How it works









Write Your Tax Question - Write Your Question and provide some details, no need to register or pay

Priority Selection - You will be given option to put your Question in Priority to get Guaranteed answer within minutes or hour or within the day with option of discussing live online.


Advice - We will send you the professionally drafted Tax Advice with Reliance on applicable Statute and Case Law, and for follow up questions the adviser will chat with you using our online mechanism ; this can be Text, Voice or Video chat.

Case Follow Up - Right Tax Advice Team will on your instruction would be able to execute service required as per your case situation this includes TAX Refund, Self Assessment Return Filation, Appeals, Corporate Tax matters handling.......


bottom of page